Wednesday, August 27, 2008

08-27-08 One Week Down only 93 days left


Well maybe tomorrow the dress will done. It has been a driving force to finish. I have until Saturday. Not really though the family is starting to come tomorrow. We will have both Millgates and Thayns down here. How did this happen? I could not have put it together even if I had the money to bribe everyone. So there is someone behind the scenes, we know who. Today is the first day I have felt pretty good. I called the Dr. yesterday and she called in some prescriptions for me. This mouthwash for the sores in my mouth and throat was prepared by the devil, it is awful. But it helps so I use it. Food is almost impossible to get down and if you do it tastes like a dirty dish clothe. I was also given a prescription for Dyflucan, the mircle drug. She gave 7 days worth. I already feel like a new bottom half. I quit taking the compozine it makes me feel really bad. But the Ativan is working well. Today I didn't take a nap and now I am the last person awake down here.

I worked at the bus yard today and felt pretty good. It was a good meeting. I spoke a couple of times with Don Smith who is the insurance broker for Mom & Dad. We feel the now have fairly great coverage. I worked at the office doing mostly catch up work. Mom had her toenail removed today and it is quite sore.

Big change ---- I actually watched a little of HSN ^ QVC and found things that interest me. Didn't buy anything which is good because Chemo Brains shouldn't make fashion decisions.

Last week there was a terrible accident that took the life of a young mother and one of her sons age 8, sent her other son to the Primary Children Hospital. Jerry & I went to the video store and say a box asking for donations. I knew I didn't have any cash surprise surprise so I said to Jerry give me all your cash we have to give right now. It took me out of self pity for quite some time amazing to think. Find the gifts that happen in experience of pain and suffering they are gifts that will change your perspective forever.
Kathlene

1 comment:

Patterson said...

It's sure been a long time since I've seen you guys. I was so excited to see Kandiss and Tasha with there kids on Saturday. We went and got ice cream with them and the Strongs. We had a great time. I was stunned when I heard about you, but if anyone can get through this, it is you. You're one of the strongest women I know. While I was growing up with your girls you guys were my second family and you were just like another mom to me. I love you and your family so much and wish you all the best. You'll have to check out my blog at rbkrjpatterson.blogspot and see how my family has grown. We now have three kids. My thoughts and prayers will be with you always. Best Wishes. Love Always Brittany Park Patterson